Slightly off to quote Gary Glitter lyrics but I couldn’t resist it. “Did you miss me while I was away, did you hang my picture on your wall?” I guess the answer to both questions is No. Don’t blame you.
Well I’m excited to be back using my web site again after 5 years. I’ve posted some new articles and eBooks and if you can be bothered to read them you will see what I’ve been working on, a new vision of marketing as purposeful value creation in an omni-connected, post digital world.
My last post was on the 2015 General election that David Cameron won with an unexpected majority. The polls had got it wrong again and I try to explain why.
Not much has happened between then and now:-
- Britain voted to leave the EU and Cameron resigned.
- Theresa May replaced him, called another election in which she lost her majority and eventually her job.
- Boris took over, couldn’t get Brexit done so called another election which he won with a big majority on a ‘Get Brexit Done’ mandate. We’ve left but no deal yet.
- Donald Trump won the 2016 USA Presidential election and made friends with Kim Jong Un (and enemies with just about everyone else)
- A global pandemic hit the world and everyone blames China
- We’re heading for a Global Depression that will make 1928 look like a bump in the road
I think the future is what we want to make it and we have a once in a lifetime opportunity to make it better. Never waste a crisis. I set out my thoughts on this in my article ‘New-Naked Economics: the New Laws of the Jungle’. I’d love to know what you think.
More posts will follow when I’ve got something to say and I usually do.